Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Breakfast Bonanza - Blueberry Bliss Protein Pancakes

Well, hello there! Please forgive me for my extended absence (erm...again) but even though I am trying to keep at leas  a post a week, a lot of things have been getting in my way! Anyhow, as a cry for redemption, I bring you probably one of the best recipes I have tried in a while. Notice I said RECIPE, pure and simple, not CLEAN, just recipe, which oh so happens to be clean - I just love these fabulous coincidences of life! Don't you? :) 




Before I get to the good (delicious, mind blowing) stuff, I will just give you a quick assessment of my progress so far: amazing! I mean it, feeling better than ever (I've said that before but worth emphasizing), skin is great, hair is shiny, no bloating aaaand that's only, I believe, are the benefits of nutrition. If I get into my exercise and workout benefits it gets even better - less fat, muscles are starting to show, and energy levels and resistance are waaaaay up there - I am getting stronger and I love it! 

As far as the bulking and eating unsafe amounts of food.. I gave that a try for 2 days but it was too much for me. I need to take baby steps here. Mind you, I come from the diet, "anorexic" mindset, where less is more...so I need to take it slow in re-educating myself with food and nutrition. I am sticking to eating every 3 hours, focusing on proteins and carbs (yes, I now know carbs are my friends and they won't hurt me! haha) and I'm never hungry. 

I am thinking of posting up some of my exercise plans here as well, what do you guys think? Also have a pretty cool product list of grocery items I found in my quest that are guaranteed to keep you happily (and tasty-ly) on a clean and healthy plan that I'm planning on posting soon (reviews included). 

OK, enough with the rambling. Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present you - The glorious Blueberry Protein Pancakes! 





Ingredients: 
1/2 cup of Oats
1/2 Ripe Banana
1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 scoop vanilla whey
2 egg whites
1/4 cup Greek yogurt (no fat)
Stevia
1/2 cup of blueberries (or filling of choice

Preparation 
1. Blend all ingredients, except the blueberries, in a blender until smooth. 
2. Incorporate the blueberries to the batter. 
3. grill them as regular pancaked in a coated skillet (I coated mine with coconut oil spray). They cook fast, so you'll probably only need about 30-45 sec. on each side. 
4. For frosting: a bit of vanilla whey, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt (no fat)  stevia and a dash of unsweetened almond milk mixed together.

They're panCAKES, so cutting like a cake made perfect sense! 
Note: You can substitute the vanilla whey for other flavors, same for the blueberries. Get creative! Also, to save you time in the morning, mix the dry ingredients the night before and just dump them in the blender with the wet when you wake up for a fast and delicious breakfast. This recipe should be enough for 2 people with moderate appetite or 1 person post-workout. 

On the macros note the ridiculous amount of protein and the laughable amount of fat. IHOP's got some serious competition. 



ENJOY! =D 


No comments: