Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2 for 2 and a Perfect Banana Oatmeal



All, I come bearing good news! Guess what... this whole thing actually works! And I've got numbers to prove it! In 1 month of the non-diet diet I lost 2% body fat which in my case are 2 pounds of fat. I think it's quiet impressive... not to mention I've never felt better! For the first time in my life the scale went up and I don't give a damn (weight went up 2 pounds since I started... coincidence?) because my clothes are all lose. I attest: muscle does weigh more than fat (I am a "see it to believe it" person.. never mind that I always read about it everywhere, I had to actually experience it...).

Now to amp up my muscle gain I am actually trying to eat a bit more proteins and carbs (for those of you who know me well... you know how hard that is for me). I'm eating every 3 hours which honestly is not as great as it sounds... I'm usually not hungry when it comes time to eat. I just started this though, so I'll keep you posted on the results and challenges.

Aaaaaanyhow... to celebrate success, I leave you with my absolute favorite breakfast oatmeal recipe (this is the basic version.. but I recently I started adding whey protein powder to increase my daily protein intake)





Ingredients:

1/3 cup oats (I use steel cut oats old fashioned)
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 sliced ripe banana 
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Stevia or Truvia to taste
Sliced almond and dark chocolate chips to top it off.

Preparation: 

1. Combine the oats, water, almond milk, banana, cinnamon and sweetener in a bowl (microwavable) and stir. 
2. Place the bowl in the microwave for 6 minutes at 50% power (trust me, this makes all the difference in the consistency you'll get... part of the deliciousness comes form this step).
3. Let it sit for 3-5 min once it's done (if you can wait for that long)
4. Top it with some sliced almond, a bit more cinnamon, some chocolate chips or peanut butter - or whatever you fancy! ENJOY!!

Note: if you are an oatmeal expert you probably noticed that this recipe calls for a bit more liquid than you are used to BUT this is key! Adding more liquid improved the consistency and also makes the recipe "yield" more (so you feel you ate more). Got this tip from chocolatecoveredkatie.com and it changed my world. 






No comments: