Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clean eating - Game on!







I've been working out for a good portion of my life but I've never really been fit. You know - toned, defined abs, lean etc. I've never been over weight (minus a liiiittle slip freshman year in college) but I never really had THE body I hoped for. So, I decided its time for a change. I've been reading about what to do and what not to do for so long in terms of eating and exercising to get THAT perfect body that I honestly believe I could write a book on it (or at the very least blog about it). Yet, in spite of my extensive knowledge on nutrition and fitness, I never really practiced it. I mean.. I work out, I eat healthy most of the time but I splurge a lot, have a big pitfall for fake sweeteners  diet coke and other health sins that are bound to halt my fitness progress. Thing is, I have to stop reading and start doing!


I actually hate 'selfies'... but I feel accountability is a must on this one, so here it is...
So here is the deal: I decided to give clean eating a try - bye bye fake food, diet coke and my beloved zero calorie sugar substitute (mind you, Stevia is still allowed). So long to the days of crazy cardio attempts and in comes the era of constant and disciplined weight training! I am hoping to not only see results but also eel better with myself and the world (oh so poetic). I will keep you posted with my tips, tricks and progress (hopefully lots of the latter).


Are you heading down that road too? Well let me know what you think and give me tips to! LETS DO THIS!

For the day:
Yuuum - mind the keyboard 

Breakfast: Vanilla Oatmeal (old style oats, vanilla extract, almond milk and stevia with cinnamon and sliced almonds to top it off)
Morning snack: Baby carrots and 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese with parsley and salt.
Lunch: 2 oz of grilled Chicken (seasoned with cumin, paprica and thyme) and baby greens, cherry tomato and parmesan salad with balsamic dressing + peach for dessert
Afternoon snack (pre-workout): Banana and half a teaspoon of low fat PB
Dinner: Chocolate Protein shake (with almond milk - post-workout), 1/2 cup od cooked spinach, 4 asparagus spears and 1/4 cup pumpkin puree

Workout of the day: Legs + 20 min treadmill



Tip: Cooking and chopping veggies for the week in one sitting saves you a looot of time and effort later on. Plus you're less likely to cheat if everything is handy

2 comments:

ale162162 said...

I know exactly what you are thinking about when you say " I've been reading about what to do and what not to do for so long in terms... that I honestly believe I could write a book"... hahaha... And I think that its a very good motivation thing and will help you to reach your goal (btw, I don't think you have a really bad body, actually you are very pretty, but... I understand also that we never look like as we want to =P). So good luck with your goal and I will follow your progress, try to motivate my self too, do not let me down... hahaha

Isabela Mills A. B. Pinto said...

Princess Half Marathon here we come!