Monday, May 20, 2013

No-Hunger Games

And the clean eating continues! I am so motivated you guys have no idea! I found so many cool inspirational blogs, instagramers, pinners - you name it - that I am pumped! I don't think I am ever counting calories again and I feel so free! This "clean eating' mentality of reducing processed food, eating nutritious wholesome foods in smaller portions and more often, is extremely compatible with my lifestyle and I honestly think it is working better than any low-cal/ fad diet I've ever tried (ps: I've been getting a lot of questions along the lines of "clean eating?! huh?! what does that mean?" so I'm planning a post on explaining exactly what it is soon, so stay tuned).  Hopefully I will feel even better about this when the results come along - I've got to say I think I see some already (placebo or not, I don't care). 

As long as they are not processed, fake or 'un-clean' - GO FOR IT! 

So last week I decided to go a little wild and try my own Avocado Tuna Salad (recipe below) and it turned out awesome! I encourage you to try it as is or add your own twist - one can never go wrong with avocado (seriously, you just can't). 

This is what my days went like last week (pretty much had the same meals every day for lack of time/ planning): 

Breakfast: Vanilla oatmeal (same from previous post - creativity is not my forte in the morning)
Morning snack: 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 5 blueberries and a dash (and I MEAN a tiny little dash - not the food network definition of "a little olive oil") of honey
Lunch: Tuna avocado salad and a Plum for dessert (which was delicious by the way - is it season yet?)
Afternoon snack(pre-work out): Ripe banana with 1/2 teaspoon of PB (now this is not lach of creativity, I am just obsessed with PB and banana) 
Dinner: Chocolate protein shake (with almond milk - post workout), asparagus, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup butternut squash puree and 1/2 cup cooked zucchini (OK, creativity failed here again... ) 

Workout highlight of the week: Upper body and Zumba (1hr) - I was lucky enough to finish my workout just in time for Zumba class. I hadn't done zumba in a while and was usually really skeptical that it even really qualified as cardio... but I take all my suspicions back. It IS a workout. I was sweating like... someone who sweats a lot. Not to mention I had a blast - detoxed in every sense!

Oh I love the endorphin high! Do you? 

Tuna Avocado Clean Salad 

I promise it tastes better than it looks in my little bento box 

Ingredients:
1 Tuna pouch (low sodium in water)
1/4 Diced Avocado
1/2 Cup fat free greek yogurt
1/3 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cup baby greens
1/4 tomato diced
Parsely
Mr. Dash
Lemon juice (I cheated and used the ready made one)
Salt and pepper

Preparation:
Mix the tuna, greek yogurt, celery, avocado and seasoning to taste. Place it over the tomato and baby greens (I added a liiiiiitle bit of olive oil and salt to the greens)


ENJOY! :)

Macros:



2 comments:

ale162162 said...

Hum... I'm kind of sick of eating salad... hahaha, It's hard to eat it every day and so... But you gave me motivation to start using my cooking skills (ok, ok... not big deal but... it may work!!). I will be waiting for the Clean Eating explanations post.

Danielle said...

Thanks benhe!! Let me know how your cooking skills turn out and share recipes! =)